02 April 2008

Works For Me!

I found this great idea on Joy's blog http://ajoyfulhomemaker.blogspot.com and wanted to share! I'll be out looking for some ID tags today! What a great way to get your kid(s) excited about praying and also to help us pray for those we might forget about in the midst of trying to get our little ones to sleep. I know that when we are saying prayers with Owen it's typically for the same people that he knows and loves, not necessarily for those that I might pray for in my quiet time. So I think this is an awesome teaching/learning tool for raising some mighty prayer warriors! Here is the excerpt from Joy's blog ......."Every night before we put the kids to bed, we pray for friends and family with them. I was getting frustrated because it seemed that every night we'd pray for the same people, because we couldn't think of anybody else. So, I came up with "prayer bins". One bin marked "Pray" and one marked "Prayed". Then I bought little ID tags, and added names of friends, family, and missionaries to each one. Now, at bedtime the kids take turns picking a name out of the bin. Then they get to put it in the "Prayed" bin. When we've done all of them, we just dump them all back in the "Pray" bin and start over!! Simple, but it Works-for-Me!!!


0 comments: