My mom's church hosted the Beth Moore simulcast this weekend and I was without a baby sitter. The plan had been for Paul to go in later on Saturday, when the event was over, but at the time we didn't realize it was tax-free weekend. So plan B was to take Owen with me on Saturday morning, armed with paper, crayons, Kumon books, Leapster, snacks, etc.. in hopes to make it at least until the 11:15 break. Friday night when I got home I had a talk with Owen about my expectations for his behavior (which I know are high) and if he behaved then we would go to Target and get a new toy, but if he didn't behave then we would go home. Owen agreed to the conditions and I went to bed praying that he would follow through. My mom called first thing in the morning on Saturday to say that Poppi said that he would watch Owen!!!!!!!!!! Y'all just don't know, well some of you do, how HUGE this is! Don't get me wrong...Poppi loves Owen, and Owen loves Poppi...but Poppi doesn't necessarily have the patience for a 4 year old like Owen who is 100 miles an hour all the time. So needless to say, I was shocked...thankful,but shocked. So Owen and I had another little talk, about behaving for Poppi, then I dropped him and Pooh off. (armed with my camera to document this monumental moment!)
This is what I found when I arrived to pick him up! Poppi said that Owen was perfect! They washed my moms truck, had lunch at Old McDonald's, and then a nap. Poppi said the only time Owen acted up was the few minutes Paul stopped by to drop of some Freeman's treats. It's funny, but somewhat annoying, how our kids behave so well for other people and not for us! Thanks again Poppi for hanging out with Owen so that I could attend the Beth Moore event! Oh yea, the second song we sang, led by the AMAZING Travis Cottrell, was Great is Thy Faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
INCREDIBLE!!! Thank you Father for providing all I need, EVERY DAY!!!







2 comments:
What a GREAT Poppi!
Gillian, when is the big day at the dr? Just wanted to make sure I hadn't missed anything!!
Post a Comment