08 September 2008

4 1/2 Years Ago...

Owen was born. We were going to have a little half birthday celebration tonight but Owen got in trouble at school today. Friday we got a note home from his extended day teacher saying Owen had trouble using his quiet voice and staying on task, then on the playground he kicked (kneed) a classmate on the playground! Then he was weaving in and out of the poles causing the line to follow him!!!! So we talked about what happened, he spent some time in time out when we got home, we talked about it again last night and this morning before returning to school. Well when I picked him up this afternoon he was sitting beside the lead teacher in after school care with his head on the table...all the other kids had their heads on the table to...so I asked if he was in trouble and she said that he was...that they were all being too loud in the bathroom and that they usually are but today they were really loud...so we get to the car and I'm contemplating on whether or not I should allow him to go to his gymnastics class when I open his folder to see a YELLOW dot on his montessori calendar with a note from his teacher saying "several warning, would not follow directions or listen to his teachers"!!!!!!! WHAT IS HAPPENING?????????? Needless to say, there will be no celebrating here tonight. Owen has been in his room since we got home from school (no gymnastics) with the exception of his bath and dinner. Any advice and or prayers would be appreciated!

1 comments:

Aron said...

Ok, I'm glad to know that my four and a half year old isn't the only one acting like a COMPLETE MANIAC lately. We haven't had the school problems, but I'm convinced that that's only because he wasn't AT school last week. Wish I had some advice for you. Tell him Happy Half Birthday from us anyway, and if you figure anything out let us know! I will be praying for both of our boys!