30 October 2009

Layla's First Costume & A Halloween Parade

I am looking forward to all the girly things Layla will be doing, saying, and wearing! I see many princess costumes in her future, and of course tutus!

her first fairy costume

SOOO CUTE!!!

waiting for the parade to begin...
riding in Hal's 4 wheeler thing...I don't know what it's called, not really a 4 wheeler?

two of my very favorite ladies! I can't describe the feeling I have when I see my mother and my daughter together... seeing myself in them, these two people who bring me so much joy, who I love unconditionally...fills me up!

and the parade begins...
with a police escort

see the well mannered boy introducing himself to my mom? he's 12, and walked right up to her and introduced himself, extending his hand to her...this is the second 'young man' we've encountered in the past week with such impeccable manners...so refreshing! Owen is spending the night with my mom on Sunday and he will be having his first lesson on how to be a gentleman. :)

the 2 big kids, thanks for inviting us to the parade Rick!

this is Willie. she used to be my friend Shay's nanny and now she's working for another family, it was great to see her again and she loved on Layla...oh and she asked if me and my mother were sisters!

Fairy sisters, so cute!!! wanted to get a picture of Layla with them in their matching costumes.
Owen giving me the "I told you not to take any more pictures" look. guess I'm embarrassing him? :(
Owen~Wan~Kenobi
my beautiful mother and daughter...
Layla chewing on the cross she took off of my necklace.

2 comments:

Marisa said...

Hello, Miss Gillian. Such sweet pictures...your Layla--she is just precious. Her sweet fairy costume is everything pink and frilly that a little girl's costume should be. And the "look" your Owen gave you...I see my oldest son give me that look a lot when I have the camera out (which is often).

Thanks for stopping my the blog with such kind, encouraging words. It means a great deal to me.

Blessings to you and yours,
Mis

http://miskamiller.blogspot.com

AKat said...

Hi, Gillian! Thank you so much for such a sweet comment. Your kids are lovely! Oh my goodness. That little pink tutu on Layla is too much. What beautiful children! I'm bookmarking you, so I'll be back! Thanks so much again. That was a special experience...a little surreal. :)