07 May 2008

Blessed Beyond Belief

I have been blessed abundantly this past week! On Wednesday April 30th we found out that we were going to have another baby. On Thursday I, along with 60 other people, found out that we were losing our jobs as of May 30th. On Friday morning, I had an interview in another department, thanks to a friend from church and Friday afternoon they called to offer me the position!!! There I sat, weeping at my desk when I hung up the phone. Weeping because it wasn't just my good fortune, it was Gods goodness! It was faithful prayer warriors, praying on my behalf! INCREDIBLE is the only way I can describe all the feelings that flooded my heart. With that being said over the weekend I had some spotting and then on Monday some bleeding. My doctor had me come in for an ultrasound but they were unable to see anything, possibly because I wasn't far enough along. They took some blood to check my HCG hormone level and told me to come back in two days to check it again... if I had miscarried the level would have gone down, otherwise it should have increased by 60%. So yesterday I went in to have my level checked again and after 4 very long hours of waiting my very sweet doctor (who wasn't even working yesterday) took the time to call me personally to say that my level had increased by 95%!!! So today I'm going in for another ultrasound, with my HCG levels being almost 5000 he said he should be able to see something and wants to rule out a ectopic pregnancy. God is good and whatever the outcome today, circumstances can't change who I forever am in Him!

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 2 Corinthians 1:3-5

2 comments:

Aron said...

Gillian, I've been thinking about you all day long...praying for you and this sweet baby you are carrying. I can't wait to hear what happened today.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new job! We will be praying for you and hope the ultrasound goes well!