18 June 2008

Merle Fest 2007

Last April Owen and I met my sister, brother-in-law, and niece in North Wilkesboro NC for the annual Merle Watson Memorial Bluegrass Festival. When I was 'younger' I would go year after year to this festival but haven't been since 1994? maybe 1996? who knows...it had been a long time! Anyway, as you know I'm TERRIBLE about remembering to take my camera anywhere and this was no exception! My sister also forgot her camera so this is the ONLY picture, taken with her cell phone, from the whole entire weekend! I have had a copy of this picture on my wall at work since that weekend, printed on a sheet of computer paper no less, and wanted to make a REAL copy of it but couldn't find the email anywhere so I asked her if she still had it and whala, here it is. It is one of my favorite pictures of the two of us...no, it is my favorite! We had a blast that weekend and hope to go back again with Tinkie Winkie one day...with a camera!

1 comments:

Aron said...

I love it, too! Thanks for sharing!