30 November 2008

PRAYER REQUEST

UPDATE!!!

Just got back from a meeting and my job is secure, unfortunately there are lots of others that are not. We were told that in total about 25,000 people would be losing their jobs. I am thankful that my job was spared, but I am sad for all the families these layoffs will be affecting.

Tomorrow, December 1st, is the day that JPMorgan Chase is to let all of us at Washington Mutual know whether or not we will continue to work there. Since the two companies have merged, there are obviously duplicate jobs and some that will need to be eliminated. Please pray that my job is not one that will be eliminated. I know that whatever the outcome is it's God's plan so I'm not really nervous about tomorrow but would appreciate your prayers.

2 comments:

Hope said...

SO glad all is well!

My appt is 10:45 Monday morning with Dr. C.

Aron said...

Gillian, I just saw this post for the first time! I'm so sorry I didn't know about it in time to pray, but I'm SO THANKFUL that your job is safe! I will continue to pray for any other changes in the office, and for those families who will be losing jobs.

How's Layla doing?