02 December 2008

NST

My feet, ankles, and calves look like they belong to someone else, they are so swollen since going back to work after the long weekend off! Yesterday I checked my BP at the grocery store pharmacy and it was high so this morning I left work and headed to the pharmacy to check it again...still high, 155/97! I called the doctors office, they had me come in and my pressure was 130/90, no protein in my urine and still dilated 2cm. Dr. C wrote an order for a NST (non stress test) twice a week, I guess until Layla arrives? So I left his office and went to the hospital for my NST which I absolutely LOVE because it's so quiet and relaxing! They wrap a monitor around my belly that records her heartbeat and they keep a BP cuff on me that checks it a few times during the hour (i think it was about an hour). Layla's heartbeat rhythm was perfect and my BP went down to 111/60!!! Looks like some bed rest could do this mama some good! ;) I'm still working as of now though, as long as my BP stays under control, and I will be going every Tuesday and Friday for the NST, and a little r & r!

1 comments:

Aron said...

I remember those NSTs. They are kind of relaxing, aren't they? Still praying that all goes well with Layla!